Monday, April 1, 2013

Division Winners and awards

Hello again, so I didn't get a chance to post this over the weekend but I'm not cheating and waiting for opening day to make my picks, these were made a while ago.

National League Awards and Division Winners:

NL East: Washington Nationals, they're gonna win 100 games this year.

NL Central: Cincinnati Reds in a close race that will go down to the wire.

NL West: Los Angeles Dodgers, its going to be close between them and the Giants, but I'm taking the Dodgers in this one.

NL Wildcard teams: Giants and Pirates

NL Cy Young: Johnny Cueto, I have a feeling that Strasburg and Gonzalez are going to cancel each other out, split the votes for Cy Young.

NL MVP: Bryce Harper, this pick was made before he hit 2 homers in his first 2 at bats today, he's going to be one hell of a player.

NL Manager of the Year: Davey Johnson, this team wins 100 there's not even going to be a race.

NL Rookie of the Year: I honestly don't know, I'm going to do another one near the all star break and I'll have a pick then.

NL Pennant: Washington Nationals

American League Awards and Division Winners:

AL East: Toronto Blue Jays, going out on a limb and calling them the winners.

AL Central: Detroit Tigers, as much as it hurts me to predict this, I've gotta go with my brain, not my heart.

AL West: Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, by a slim margin over the Athletics

AL Wildcard teams: Baltimore Orioles and Kansas City Royals

AL Cy Young: Not as clear cut as some would think, I'm going out on a limb and taking Jake Peavy.

AL MVP: Mike Trout, he's got a ton of protection in that lineup.

AL Manager of the Year: John Gibbons

AL Rookie of the Year: As with NL, I have no idea, have to see at the all star break

AL Pennant: Angels

World Series Champion:Washington Nationals

Top managers on the hottest seats in each division:

  1. Terry Collins-New York Mets; this one is more based on lack of options, Charlie Manuel is going first in this division, but probably by retirement at the end of the year.
  2. Bud Black-San Diego Padres; he has had too many years of losing, even though it isn't his fault with mismanagement.
  3. Ron Gardenhire-Minnesota Twins; He had quite a few years of success, but they haven't really competed in the last 5 years, I can't see them keeping him much longer if they're at the bottom of the division again.
  4. Ron Roenicke-Milwaukee Brewers; more a case of lack of options
  5. I don't have a possibility for the AL East, they're all set with their managers.
  6. Eric Wedge-Seattle Mariners; Wedge has had a few years, and none of them have been successful

No comments:

Post a Comment